Wednesday 8 November 2017

Spooky November


Hello everyone!
I know that Halloween is over but November has some spooky atmosphere which stayed with me for 2 or 3 weeks when Christmas fever starts for good. So in autumn's Fridays I choose to treat in place of tricks, I entwine myself with the blanket and I watch some good movies. Do you also like the cozy way to spend your time? Perfect! Here you have the list of 4 films to watch this November:

1.Sleepy Hallow (1999)




It is a great Tim Burton’s movie in old style with amazing costumes and scenography. A young policeman from New York, Ichabod Crane cames to Sleepy Hallow to solve a case of murders. Murders allegedly being the work of a rider without a head. If reasonable Crane who believes only in things what he can examine will solve the secret of ghost cutting heads of following victims? You have to see it and I am sure that it will be a pleasure, not only because of young Johny Deep.

2.The Addams Family (1991)


I know, I know... that is probably nothing new for anybody but it is a classic. I have a lot of sentiment for this film because it was the first one that impressed me a lot when I was a kid. This atmosphere, characterization, sens of humor and of course tango scene. Even If you have seen this movie why not see it again?


3.Beetlejuice (1988)

I think that it is very weird movie and that "special effects" can make laugh but is good to give him a chance for 2 reasons.
First of all, characterization which was awarded the Oscar in 1989. Secondly, an idea... Tim Burton in joined fantasy with black comedy but also a plot is interesting.  Adam and Barbara are ghosts, they are living in house that is bought by living and they are not happy. They are trying to get rid tenants but unsuccessfully so they decide to call Beetlejuice, bio-exorcist.

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas ( 1993)


Tim Burton's animation realized in a classic way with beautiful, fairy music.Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king, has a pretty constant routine for preparing Halloween. Fate makes that he getting into the Christmas town. Fascinated Jack decides to create his own version of this feast. For realizing this dream he kidnaps Santa Claus and replaced him with the task of giving gifts, All this, however, does not bring the intended result and ends with a Christmas nightmare. It is my favorite one for the end of November when I start to feel the magic of Christmas.

So as you can see I am a big fan of Burton's productions. I love that movie because they are not really scary like Ring but they have this specific climate.
 If you know others movies like that please let me know in the commentary.

1 comment:

  1. I love all four of them! And since I don't really have time... you persuaded me to watch them again :P.

    ReplyDelete

I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think tha...