Wednesday 10 January 2018

Ladies and Getelmen, Frida Kahlo!




Hello Everyone, 
How do you like 2018 so farI like it very much, because it started very good,  from a large dose of 
inspiration. On February 2nd I made my dream come true and I finally went to Zamek Culture Center to 
visite the exhibition: "Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. The Polish Context". 
My love to Frida started couple years ago after I watched movie "Frida" with Salma Hayek. Since than I
 have been reading a lot about her life and painting style. 

  This is the first and the only exhibition like this. It is devided into two parts. The first one presents Frida 
Kahlo’s and Diego Rivera’s masterpieces which come from the private collection of Mexican art of 
Natasha and Jacques Gelma. In this part we can admire many paintings and drawings, as well as learn 
something about this extraordinary couple. The second one is dedicated to "Polish context", that is works
 and history of 2 artists born in Poland - Photographer Bernice Kolko, Frida's close friend and painter Fanny Rabel, 
her student. We can also learn something about the Exhibition of Mexican Art, which took place in 
Poland in 1955 and mysterious disappearance of one of Frida's paintings "La Mesa Herida"- "The 
Wounded Table". 
  For me the best experience was the firspart, when I could spend some time with Frida's works, her 
emotions, her pain, her way of thinking and her great talent. If you want also take part in this unusual 
event you have to hurry up! It is a temporary exhibition and January 21 is the last day when you can meet 
Frida's spirit in Poland.

Here you have 2 paintings which I like the most...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think tha...