Tuesday 12 June 2018



I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think that our favorite piece of literature is a quite private thing. It can tell a lot about our sensibility, intelligence, sense of humor and our perspective on the world. But, I decided to reveal you some part of my secret.. I think that everyone have a few books without he couldn't exist (I hope so!). They help you survive some difficult moments, brings your memories or you just feel some kind of relationship with the heroes. Some books gives you the answers you are looking for, or simply makes you laugh out loud. I have 3 favorite titles witch I can reread hundred times and it always seems like the first time.

3. The Little Prince of Antoin de Saint-Exupéry

I think I will never feel too old for this book, is that mean that I fully understood the message of this masterpiece? I think this is the case! The Little Price was published for the first time in 1943 and at present it is the most- translated book in the world. I love each lesson given to us, but my favorite part is the one with the fox. This book is like a review of all the emotions, the good ones and the bad ones. That story always let me distance myself from the problems, keep calm and find the “other way”. I love the language and the rhythm of the original, but I just admire the polish translation. When I read Little Prince I feel peaceful, it really makes me calm, it almost feels like to be with a bestie, who always knows what's the best for us.

2.The Claudine series of Colette

Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette is my favorite French author, I felt in love with him one day in summer. I was incredibly bored, so I decided to rearrange the books on the etagere in my room. There was a lot of my mother's books which she read when she was in her 20's. I found there a treasure – „Claudine in School”, and the other one „Claudine in Paris” and I just started to read them. I read them everywhere I went and all the time. When I finished the last one, I found out from the Internet that there is also another one, so I started to look for it, but I couldn't find the version of the cover that I had. After 3 years the book found me in some second-hand bookshop, and now I have all of them. I read them always in summer, sometimes all of them sometimes one, sometimes just few pages, but it is like a tradition. My big dream is to collect all of them in French and read in original. But I didn't tell you yet why it is so special. The atmosphere, the breeze of France of the late XIX century, the other world the same problems. It tells a story about growing-up, about becoming a women. We meet Claudine when she is in age of 15 and then we accompany her through few periods of her life. The novel is assumed to be biographical, maybe that's why everything is so sincere and real. There are some controversial moments in this book, but they are also the subjects that everyone have to resolve and the questions to answer. 




1. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

My favorite story in the world. I love movie with Audrey Hepburn but the book.... I love Capote's pure american style, I love the ambiance of New York of 50's and 60's witch we can feel from the first pages of his novels. I love the heroes who are fine-tuned in every inch. I love the sense of humor, the emotions, the relations between heroes and the city. Holly Golightly (the main protagonist) have very big influence on my way oh thinking about love and independence. All of this make this my favoritism book, which I read hundreds times and I never have enough.

I am conscious that those stories are not so important like for example The Lord of The Rings or Hobbit of J.R.R. Tolkien (which are also one of my favorites books ;)) or The Catcher in the Rye of Salinger or In Search of the Lost Time of Marcel Proust, but they mean to me a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think tha...