Sunday 3 June 2018

Thank You Walt Disney!



The day before yesterday we were celebrating Children's Day and like always this day makes me think about my childhood. I remember a lot of nice moments, all my favorite toys, games, the hours spent on doing a puzzle, but the most joyful moments are related with Disney's movies. All birthday presents, time spent with my sister in front of TV, singing and performing particular scenes of animations, the smile on my father's face when he gave me the new videotape.
All of this wouldn't be possible without man who's work gave me and millions of other children happiness, man who continue to inspire me now, when I am adult. 
 
 
I prepared for you 10 facts about Walt Disney which you might never heard of:
  1. Walter Elias Disney was born in Chicago, in 1905.
  2. Before he became big movie producer he had distributed news papers and he had been driver of ambulances during The First World War.
  3. He had two daughters : Diana and Sharon who loved very much. He took great pleasure in driving them to school every day.
  4. He began developing his skills as a drawer when he was a child. He was drawing cartoon pictures of his neighbor's horses.
  5. His first big cartoon creation wasn't Mickey Mouse but Oswald The Lucky Rabbit created for Universal Studio in 1927. Here you can watch cartoon with Oswald:
  6. In 1928 he created Mickey Mouse, his the most popular creation, the icon of his brand. Mickey's original name was Mortimer but Mrs Disney said that it sound „too pompous” so Disney changed the name to Mickey. But all funs of old Disney cartoons know that the name Mortimer was given to Mickey's rival.
  7. Walt Disney was the voice of Mickey Mouse until 1947.
  8. He won the record number of Oscars. To be precise he was nominated 59 times, he won 22 Oscars and 3 honorary statues (for creating Mickey Mouse, for “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” , for “Fantasia” and its contribution to sound design. The Oscer for “Snow White and Seven Dwarfs” was particular, lets see:
  9. He wasn't a nice boss as we could think about him. He was quick-tempered and critical. When his employee came to his office and said I have a great idea he always replayed "I'll tell you if it's great. Right now all you have is an idea." The more successful he was, the less attention he paid to his overworked employees. That's provoke a lot of quarrel and unpleasant situations, the worst was in 1941 when 200 of Disney' employees picketed outside the studio.
  10. Despite all the disputes, he was dreamer and creative man who knew how to reach success. He is author of my favorite citation which I always have in my mind :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think tha...