Monday 14 May 2018

We love you Woody Allen!





Who is this man?
I present to you my favourite director Allan Stewart Konigsberg better known as Woody Allen. Director, screenwriter, actor, writer, musician and one of the most inspiring person of our world. I saw the biggest part of his movies and I am a fan of all of them not matter of subject, a a decade or cast everyone is magic, charming, authorial and filed with intelligence, irony and humour. Can I say which one is my favourite? No! But I have my the best 3 of Woody Allen and I strongly recommend you all of them.






The first one is „Manhattan Murder Mystery”, the real pearl in the genre of dark comedies. We can see in this movie my favourite Allen’s movie duet so him and Diane Keaton. The movie is about how difficult could be relation after years of marriage and how one stranger event can fix this. Like always it is master of the  piece if we talk about man-women relation and differences and how it is difficult to agree with other people. This is also really good written screenwrite who keep on edge. 


Then „ The Curse of the Jade Scorpion”
 Also, dark comedy combined with crime movie. Very funny, stylish and easy movie for Friday night. Plot is verry good built and we don't know how it will finish. And, I am sure about that, you will burst with laughter.


And the third „Midnight in Paris”
Why I love this movie? Because of Paris, romantic nature of the main character, fantastic story and really good acting. This is a movie for all dreamers and all fans of 1920’s. 


 But why we actually love Woody Allen’s movies? I found 7 the most important reasons:

1. Intelligence and humour which we can find in dialogues. 


2. The music! Thanks to Woody Allen I loved Jazz. He has the really good taste in music and all playlist from his movies are my favourite soundtrack for studying. If you haven’t heard jet his bans I vividly recommend you „Woody Allen And His New Orleans Jazz Band”

3. He has the talent for showing places. Paris, Rome, Barcelona, New York. When you watch his movies you just want to be there immediately. 

 4. His movies touche a lot of aspects of life: relationships, differences between generations, mental troubles, loneliness, different cultures and he never left you without reflexion about mentioning the subject.
 
5. Cast, cast, cast, cast: Diane Keaton as Carol Lipton and Anny Hall, Helen Hunt as Betty Ann Fitzgerald, Mira Sorvino as Linda Ash, Penelope Cruz as Maria Elena, Owen Wilson as Gil Pender, Adrien Brody as Salvador Dali (<3) or Colin Firth as Stanley. Sometimes you don’t know if the screenplay is written for the actor or actor is perfectly match for the role. 

6. Personalities... each one is realistic because has own unique aspect. Each one is perfectly and consequently built. 


7. Realistic language and situations which make that you really feel like the characters talk to you.


 We love you, Woody Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have told you a lot about my movie world, but I have never written anything about my favorite books. Maybe it is because I think tha...